So Many Good Reasons to Join
As a member of Village Santa Cruz you join a neighborhood of folks committed to supporting each other so we can spend our older years living where and how we choose, for as long as possible.
Santa Cruz County is blessed with many wonderful services for elders. We plan to focus the resources of the Village to best fill identified service gaps in our community.
But Village Santa Cruz is not just about providing services. It’s about forming relationships that afford an opportunity to help one another. It’s about investing in a support network that will carry us through all our transitions of aging. We are dedicated to finding new paths so our elders can stay engaged and relevant in our community.
Basic Member: $25/mo.; $300 annual membership
- Fun! Community building social activities.
- Free or reduced access to a variety of Village Santa Cruz presentations on subjects important to elders.
- A place to find/share information.
- On-line “bulletin board” to connect with members with similar interests, and find buddies to attend social/educational events.
- On-line time-banking service exchange with other members.
- Opportunity to join a work party. A fun way to get your home/yard chores done, and help other members with theirs. Work and socialize as a team – with a shared meal at the end!
- Opportunities to assist your elderly neighbors.
- For the first six months after Launch, if you pay a full annual membership of $300 at the time you join you become a Founding Member and receive the benefits of a Founding Member, as outlined on the previous page.
Household Membership: Full cost of one membership plus $10/mo. per each added person (must live at the same address, and access the house via the same door. Household Memberships do NOT include residents of attached or detached separate dwellings.
Subsidized Membership: We want to be inclusive. There are many seniors in Santa Cruz County who are struggling financially. We offer a limited number of subsidized memberships, based on income. We will accept as many subsidized memberships as we can while still remaining a sustainable organization.
Member Plus Membership
Member Plus: $35/mo.; $420 annual membership
In addition to Basic Membership benefits, Member Plus members receive help with some tasks needed to successfully live independently. When Membership Plus is offered, services will be based on needs and volunteers to fill those needs.
During Phase 1 of our launch (Feb. 1, 2017) we will NOT be opening our Member Plus memberships, but will concentrate on building our social connections and our volunteer pool.
Once we build up our Volunteer pool, we will move to Phase 2 and open up Member Plus memberships.