So Many Good Reasons to Join
As a member of Village Santa Cruz you join a community committed to investing in a support network that will carry us through all our transitions of aging. Village Santa Cruz is not just about providing services to aging residents. We are dedicated to finding new paths so we can stay engaged and relevant in our community as we live out our lives residing where and how we choose.
1. BASIC ~ Benefits
- Fun! Community building social activities.
- Free or reduced access to a variety of Village Santa Cruz presentations on subjects important to elders.
- A place to find/share information.
- On-line “bulletin board” to connect with members with similar interests, and find buddies to attend social/educational events.
- Opportunity to join a work party. A fun way to get your home/yard chores done, and help other members with theirs. Work and socialize as a team – with a shared meal at the end!
- Opportunities to assist your elderly neighbors.
In addition to Basic Membership benefits, Member Plus members receive help with some tasks needed to successfully live independently. These tasks include transportation, in-home tasks, tech help, daily check-in calls, and a friendly visitor. Please note that Village Santa Cruz is NOT a substitute for in-home care or other professional services. Help is provided by volunteers and subject to volunteer availability. Besides joining in our social and educational programs, a PLUS member can expect a maximum of two services per week.